Director of IT
- Desktop support to 300+ users.
- Network and Hardware support to ten plus clients.
- System design and upgrades to clients.
- Email support for clients using ArgoMail, Exchange
5.5 Exchange 2000, and Exchange 2003.
- Spam filter and Anti-virus for mail servers.
- VPN support.
- T1, DSL and Cable support.
- Designed and implemented customer service module
- Desktop support to 300+ Users.
- Network support to ten plus clients.
- Project Management.
- Last project was with Bank of America Technical
Lead for 288 desktops upgraded from Win95 to NT 4.0
workstation. Including all data migration and application
installations. Managing a team of 3 for this project.
Director of IT/Operations
- Developed application.
- Designed and implemented Network/Internet infrastructure.
- Data integration of supplies and products into
- Designed and implemented three stage environment
(production, Q&A, development)
- Negotiated co-location contract for production
- Installed and configured two ColdFusion Servers.
- Maintained 99.9% up time for all three environments.
- Hardware and software procurement.
- Designed and implemented software interface between
web application and Quickbooks.
- Implemented Linux Server for version control using
- Installed and configured Microsoft’s Internet
Information Server on three servers.
Director of Business Systems
05/1997 – 06/2000
- Management responsibilities as well as hands on
- Technical environment included 150 users on NT
4.0 and Novell 4.11 running Lawson ERP, EDI, SQL
Server and data mining software.
- Managed 4 IS employees in 2 locations including:
- SQL Server database administrator who helped develop
data mining software in Visual Basic.
- EDI specialist handling purchase order and billing
- Lawson ERP implementation specialist including
Lawson financials, supply chain, procurement and
- Help Desk Specialist helping support network servers,
PCs and all peripherals.
- Voice and data communications for 150 users in
2 locations including ISDN and T1 capabilities.
- Oversee the day-to-day operations of the IS department,
along with data architecture, capacity management,
application development, system integration, data
- Developed and reviewed implementation plans, procedure
manuals for the end-user, and maintained direct relationship
with contracts, vendors and IS employees.
05/1994 - 05/1997
- Developed cliental, developed hardware and software
solutions, identified and documented business procedures.
- Supported a variety of platforms DOS, Novell 3.x,
Novell 4.x, Windows NT 3.5, Windows NT 4.0.
- Maintained and troubleshot client’s systems.
- Administrated all office documentation and financials.
- Extended client base.
- Designed and implemented tracking system for Micro
film. Custom software package
- Designed and implemented tracking system for pathology
specimens. Custom software package.
Gunners Mate First Class (E-6)
- Held a vast number of job titles and responsibilities
including Work Center supervisor, Group Work Center
Supervisor, Divisional LPO, and Department LPO.
- Managing a staff of 5 to 15 over a course of 10
- Trained as an instructor – achieved master
- Managed and supported Novell servers
- Instructed in excess of 250 students.
- Trained in electronics, hydraulics, and electrical
systems on an engineer’s level.
- Trained in sales as a Recruiter.